Complete Guide to CBD Cooking
The Marriage between Cannabidiol or CBD Oil and Cooking is one that has received a lot of Buzz lately. Whether it is a Five Star Restaurant or a Food Truck, CBD is becoming all the rage in Creative Cooking. From CBD infused appetizers to main courses and everything in between, CBD is “Now” what’s for Dinner!
Hemp CBD infused foods or drinks are now trending in all Cities and States in America. Mainly because of the Nutrient-Rich makeup of the Hemp Plant and the therapeutic effects this Plant Extract has had with many users.
Today, in this time of Covid and restaurants opening and closing. Why run the risk of sitting at a location for a few hours and exposing yourself to the Coronavirus. When you can stay at home and simply incorporate CBD into your kitchen.
This is a super easy, and a fun way you and/or your family can receive all the benefits of CBD with something you do anyways.
FIVE THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Use an American Organic Hemp CBD. Very Important! Use a U.S. based Organic Hemp CBD Oil for Cooking. Hemp acts like a sponge and will soak up any pesticide or toxin in the surrounding water and soil. Obviously, we don’t want these contaminants going into our bodies, so make sure your CBD is Organic and a Lab-Tested quality product.
- Blend your CBD with a carrier oil. This is what makes the CBD bioavailable to and within your body, as CBD is fat soluble. Most CBD is already mixed with olive oil or coconut oil, but also blend it with real or vegan butter, or another fat soluble oil before adding it to the dish.
- Do Not Overheat. CBD degrades at roughly 320 degrees Fahrenheit, so keep that in mind whatever dish you are preparing, or else you might not receive the benefits. Also, High heat can turn the CBD into a bitter tasting meal.
- Cooking for one or ten? Keep the serving size in mind. Many people are tempted to throw a whole 1000mg bottle into their dish. Remember, it is just another serving of your daily CBD, so if you take two servings a day of a 1000mg tincture bottle, squirt one dose in your meal. This will count towards your daily regimen. Always, start small and build up.
- Pay Attention. Keep an eye on your pot! (Pun intended). Remember to keep stirring so the CBD is evenly absorbed into the whole dish. You want every piece of the food to get a little CBD infused into it. Stir more than you normally would do for other dishes.
A FEW CBD RECIPES:
1. CBD Infused Mint Chocolate Mousse (Vegan or Non Vegan)
- 2 Eggs or Vegan “Just Eggs”
- 1/4 Cup Organic Coconut Sugar or Similar
- 1/4 Cup of Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 2 Cups of Coconut Whipped Cream or Similar
- 1 Cup chocolate cacao chips or Similar
- Mint Flavored Organic CBD Oil (Remember, your daily dose regimen)
Add Eggs and Sugar to a Large bowl, mix or beat until fluffy and thick. Set aside.
Heat 1 cup of whipping cream and Coconut Oil until hot abut 130-40 degrees Fahrenheit. Make sure not to hot or could ruin the egg mix.
Electric beaters on low setting or overlapping/folding mix by hand, very slowly pour the cream into the egg mixture. Go slow, or will scramble the eggs. This will bring the egg mixture up in temperature, go slow. Pour back into the saucepan. Heat over low heat.
Keep stirring until a thick consistency; about 5 minutes. Ideally, you want around 140-150 degrees Fahrenheit.
Remove from heat, stir in your chocolate chips gently, mixing until fully combined and uniform. Refrigerate about 2-4 hours or until thickened.
In a bowl, depending on how much CBD you want, add a few dropper fulls of Mint flavored CBD and beat the other cup of whipped cream until light and soft.
Now fold cream into chocolate mousse until fully combined. Back in the fridge until you are ready to serve. Garnish with a Mint leaf and Biscotti.
2. CBD Infused Guacamole
- 3 Avocados pitted/peeled
- 1 Juiced Lime
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 2 tablespoons of chopped/diced cilantro
- Teaspoon of minced garlic
- Teaspoon of Salt
- Tablespoon of Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 2 Roma Tomatoes (or whatever variety you like)
- Pinch of spice or pepper or diced jalapenos if you want some heat
- Natural or Lemon flavored CBD (Remember, your daily dose regimen)
Serves 3-4 people, so four dropper fulls of a 1000mg CBD Oil would be roughly 30mg of CBD per person.
In a Large Bowl, mash up the Avocados, Coconut Oil, Lime Juice, Salt, and the CBD Oil.
Mix in the Cilantro, Water, Tomatoes, Onion, and Garlic. Add additional heat/spice or pepper if desired.
Refrigerate about an hour before serving. Add mixture to a small bowl and surround with tortilla chips.
Tip: Put a batch of tortilla chips in your oven on a baking pan on low heat for a few minutes before serving. Nothing better than warm chips!
In addition, you can add CBD in your salad dressing, coat your french fries, add to your mashed potatoes or pasta. Really anything that has butter or a carrier oil, you can add some CBD to it.
Just Remember the dish you are creating, when adding a flavored CBD Oil. Lemon, Mint, and Orange CBD are great for Adult beverages. The flavors infused into CBD tincture oils are typically made with essential oils so they are very light and airy.