NEW TO CBD?
SHOPPING FOR CBD?
Are you lost when it comes to all the new information regarding CBD?
Fear Not! We have all the answers you need to choosing the right brand for your CBD needs. Furthermore, this is a must-read guide for anyone new to CBD or Shopping for CBD Online. More importantly, What to look for in a CBD Brand, and what to stay away from.
By this time you’ve probably heard of CBD on CNN, FOXNEWS, MSNBC, or your local news stations and newspapers. Still many people have no idea what it is or what it does. CBD gets confused with marijuana and most people assume it has to do with drugs and illegal substances and they stay away from it. However, Nothing is further from the truth. It boils down to education and the more you learn about CBD and its properties the more you will want to try it.
- Hemp derived CBD Oil does not get you high.
- Hemp Plant CBD contains 0.3% or less of THC (the active cannabinoid that can give the user a “high”)
- High Quality brands will filter out the small amount of THC to make their Hemp CBD Products completely THC-Free.
- All Mammals have an Endocannabinoid System (ECS) that works in synergy with CBD Oil.
WHAT IS CBD?
Found in Industrial Hemp, Cannabidiol, simply known as CBD, is just one cannabinoid out of roughly 116 known components or cannabinoids that are part of the Hemp plant. Like vitamin C in an orange. CBD is just part of the makeup of a Hemp plant. It’s That Simple!
Moreover, Hemp-derived CBD, is a non-intoxicating compound of the cannabis sativa plant, and is now legal in the entire U.S. thanks to the 2018 U.S. Farm Bill. Dozens of companies are selling CBD products and shipping not only to all 50 states, but to countries around the globe. These products come from industrial hemp and contain minimal THC (0.3%), and thus produce no psycho-activity.
Financially speaking, Hemp is bred to have lower THC concentrations because it is used in hundreds of household products from food to furniture and everything in between. Conversely, marijuana is grown to have high THC content because of the demand and profit to be made. Incidentally, Marijuana has low CBD levels so most, if not all brands online, will be made from hemp. Just not cost effective to sell CBD made from marijuana.
HOW IS CBD ABSORBED?
CBD is absorbed into the body through either vaping, ingestion, topical, or sublingual (under the tongue). Each method will change how much CBD is actually absorbed into your body (bioavailibility). Vaping is the quickest because of the absorption into the lungs. Sublingual Tincture Oils are the next best, as the CBD will be absorbed directly into your bloodstream. Ingestion, is slower but a more sustained release of CBD. The Topical method is targeted for specific locations on the body. Most regular users readily use a few different transport methods. For example, one might take a few doses of a tincture oil, as well as a few gummies, and a topical cream per day.
CBD SUBLINGUAL TINCTURE OIL
A CBD oil tincture is one of the most popular methods of consuming Cannabidiol, particularly among first-time users. Its quick and easy. CBD tinctures come in many different flavors and potencies now. Typically, CBD tinctures range from 250mg to 1500mg bottles. Now the mg. amount on the bottle is the total mg.’s in the bottle. Unlike aspirin for example, which states 500mg on the bottle. This is the per dose amount for aspirin; i.e. each pill is 500mg. In contrast, with CBD a 500mg bottle would be 16.66mg per dose with 30 doses in a bottle.
While the terms Hemp Oil, CBD Oil, CBD Drops, and CBD Tinctures may be used interchangeably. Traditionally, a ‘tincture’ has been loosely defined as an herbal oil extract consumed for medicinal purposes.
There is really no difference between a CBD oil or Hemp Oil or a Tincture, but the term CBD Oil can be broader in terms of its application for use. For instance, there are CBD oils made specifically for vaping. In the same respect Hemp Oil can be hempseed oil containing no CBD. It is always best to ask if you are not sure the company you are buying from is selling hemp oil or hempseed oil. More importantly, when deciding what brand to choose when purchasing cbd, one should have a few basic checklist points, if they don’t have all of these shop elsewhere.
FIVE KEY POINTS TO LOOK FOR WHEN BUYING CBD
- The CBD needs to be U.S. Grown Organic Hemp. Hemp acts like a sponge, everything that is in the ground will be soaked up into the Hemp Plant, including pollutants, heavy metals, toxins, etc. Subsequently, these harmful components will go into to you. Sadly, many companies import their Hemp from Asia or Europe for pennies on the dollar. Do a search on Amazon and you will see bottles of 350,000mg or some other ridiculous number on a bottle selling for $19.99. These are all imported from China. DO NOT BUY! If you ever see a high mg. bottle for a low price, it is best to buy another brand.
- Needs to be Third-Party Lab Tested. These Lab Reports should be readily viewable on the Company’s website. If you cannot easily obtain these results, shop elsewhere.
- Read the Label. There should be references to CBD on the company’s website or in the description and/or mentioned on the ingredients portion of the label. A brand might use “Hemp Extract” on their labels, which is the same as CBD. It is just easier to sell on ecommerce in this new era and climate of the CBD business.
- High Price does not mean High Quality. The CBD Brand you are about to purchase should have all of the above indicators, if they are missing any of the three shop elsewhere. Just because they put a high price on their items doesn’t mean it is a Lab Certified THC Free Organic Hemp Oil.
- False Drug Claims. If the CBD Company is making outrageous medical claims about their cbd products, stay away! These miracle claims and false hope Brands are feeding off your emotions. To get you to buy into a dream and not reality. Would a miracle cost $19.99? (lol).
Pets and CBD
All mammals have the same Endocannabinoid System that we do, so Mr. Jingles can receive the same benefits as you or I. Again, make sure when shopping for Kitty that all the above indicators are checked off the list before you buy. It should also be “Human-Grade” CBD.
When you attain your correct dosage, and through continued use CBD can help you with overall health and wellness issues. Simply do a google search of “cbd” and “your issue” and you should find a plethora of information.