How Many CBD Softgels
to Take per Day – a Helpful Guide
According to the New York Times, The CBD industry is looking to hit a staggering $16 billion in the United States by 2025. So you may be one of the huge numbers of CBD fans who are taking advantage of its wellness properties.
Initially, it was only available for those who’ve been prescribed it by a doctor and usually only for more serious complaints, however, it is now widely available in high-street health stores and is starting to gain traction amongst many wellness advocates.
In this article, we are going to look at some of the common questions you may have relating to the dosage of this wonder oil.
So let’s take a look below at the brief answer as to how many softgel capsules you need to take per day in order to maximize the huge benefits of CBD. Then we’ll dive into more details…
How many CBD softgels do I take per day? Enjoying the benefits of CBD softgels depends on many different factors in terms of dosage. Your own particular size and shape, your CBD tolerance along with other factors will determine the dosage. It is important to understand there is no one specific dosage that will suit everyone.
So, you are discovering the fantastic benefits of using CBD and we’ve seen the short answer as to the correct dosage of softgels, in order to help us understand a little more clearly, let’s start by looking at exactly what CBD is.
What is CBD oil?
Cannabidiol or CBD oil is a product that’s originally derived from cannabis. It’s a type of cannabinoid, which are the chemicals naturally found in hemp plants.
However, there’s still controversy around cannabis products such as CBD oil which is of course linked to the general recreational use of marijuana. Regardless of this controversy, there is still a growing awareness about the possible health benefits of CBD oil.
Although it has its roots in hemp and marijuana plants, CBD strained from the Hemp Plant doesn’t provide a high effect which is synonymous with usual products created by marijuana. The intoxicating feeling commonly attributed to marijuana is caused by another cannabinoid, known as THC.
“Although it has its roots in marijuana plants, CBD doesn’t provide a high
effect which is synonymous with usual products created by marijuana.”
Now we’ve looked at what exactly CBD is, let’s look a little more in-depth into capsules and their properties
What is a Capsule?
Capsules are often used when it’s difficult for a drug to be compressed into solid form, which we usually refer to as a pill.
According to the pharmaceutical definition of a capsule, it “is a solid and accurate way to consume any prescribed dosage. This container is usually made of gelatin“.
So now we’ve seen what a capsule is, let’s delve a little deeper into what exactly a softgel capsule is.
CBD Softgel Capsule
A soft gel capsule is more commonly known as a gelcap. CBD Softgel capsules are very similar to general capsules as they are both surrounded by a gelatin outer shell, usually made of gelatin. The gelatin makes the capsule very soft and easy to swallow.
A standard CBD capsule is usually a dark golden shade and is how we usually see CBD capsules. The capsules are often filled with either hemp oil or olive oil as an extra filler.
Ok, so now we’ve discovered how capsules work with CBD, you might be wondering if there is any other way of taking CBD, read on.
- CBD Pills A CBD pill has been compressed into a round solid shape to ensure it is as small as possible to make it easy to swallow. Pills usually contain a concentrated extract of cannabinoids in crystal form.
- CBD tincture A tincture is easy to take by applying drops under your tongue. It works by holding the tincture in your mouth for a few moments to be absorbed, before swallowing. This is one of the quickest transport methods.
- Taken in drinks It can be added to smoothies or water.
- A spray form is available to spritz under your tongue.
- Creams that are applied topically/locally.
- E-Liquid for vape pens.
“CBD Softgel capsules are very similar to general capsules as they are
both surrounded by a gelatin outer shell, usually made of gelatin.”
CBD dosage guidelines
It is worth understanding that there is no correct CBD dosage. The ultimate dose of softgel capsules for each person will depend on several factors, such as CBD tolerance and your body type.
When it comes to dosage, as the effect of CBD softgel capsules is immediate, it is recommended that you should start with the smallest possible dose.
This guide will look at all of the key considerations to make when determining the proper dosage. We’ll also demonstrate how to measure dosage for different CBD products and discuss some potential health concerns for people who consume large amounts of CBD.
It is important to know that if you are considering taking CBD softgels, you should always check first with your physician before using any products containing CBD.
“The ultimate dose of softgel capsules for each person will depend on several factors, such as
CBD tolerance, body type, and your own individual pain threshold.”
Important Dosage Considerations
Determining the best CBD softgel dosage will generally depend on the following:
- Concentration The strength or concentration relates to the total amount of CBD in any product. Generally, concentration is measured in milligrams or mg. the concentration differs from the actual dosage, as this more commonly refers to the amount of CBD per serving. Unlike an aspirin bottle the mg on the front of the label is the total amount of cbd in the bottle, if is a 30 count bottle of softgels the total amount, say 300mg would be divide by 30, equally 10mg per softgel.
- Level of CBD required If you want to achieve a higher level of benefit, you may need to take more softgel capsules in order to achieve the maximum gain. It goes without saying, if you are experiencing milder conditions, you may require a lower amount of softgel capsules. For many, the optimal dose of capsules depends directly on your own personal circumstances.
- Tolerance after taking CBD softgels over time it is possible to develop a tolerance. When this happens, it can result in the effects being reduced from the same dosage. It could be that if this happens, you may need a greater dose to achieve your desired results.
- Bodyweight Your weight is very important In how much, or how little CBD will affect your body. In general, heavier people will require higher doses to experience the full effect of CBD. If you are lighter, you may feel the same effects with a lower dose.
Calculating the Best Dosage
Softgels are usually offered in 10 mg or 25 mg capsules. Taking one softgel per day is a relatively low dosage and is perfect for lighter weight individuals or anyone who is trying the benefit of CBD softgels for the first time.
If you need a higher dosage, just take two or three capsules instead of one. And/or you can take a few in the morning and a few at night. We typically suggest about 4-6 hours between doses when you are starting.
If you find you are having no relief from using softgels, we recommend that you wait a few days and if you are still not receiving any relief, then increase the dosage by adding another one or two pills. Continue to do this until the desired results are received. We also recommend that you keep a record of your dosage, to help you arrive at a softgel capsule dosage that works best for you.
MD Organics NanoEmulsion Technology
Our CBD Oil Softgels were created with our state of the art nanoemulsion technology delivery system. This Revolutionary and Industry Leading technology allows us to create nanoparticles so small the human eye cannot detect! More Importantly, our Microemulsion form is how our water soluble Hemp CBD Oil is delivered. Specifically, the average size of our competitors oil particles are up to 5,000 nanometers. Our oil particles are just 25 Nanometers! This means our oil particles are 200x smaller than the industry average.
SMALLER PARTICLES= FASTER/BETTER ABSORPTION RATES!
Our Softgels are also jammed packed with all the valuable and nutrient-rich healthy cannabinoids of all our other products, all working together to deliver the coveted “Entourage Effect” to the user. And of course THC FREE!
We hope this has given you some helpful advice as to how many softgel capsules to take, to enjoy the benefits of CBD oil. Don’t forget that if you are taking any new medication or embarking on a trial of CBD soft capsules, do make sure you check with a physician first. Shop Now!
Read about How to Buy CBD Online!