CBD AND THE “ENTOURAGE EFFECT”
In this Article we will discuss how CBD works within your body, along with Terpenes, Fatty Acids, and Flavonoids, to produce what is know as the “Entourage Effect”. Moreover, definitions of each and how important they all are in working together to give the user maximum results.
This can only be achieve by purchasing a CBD Oil that uses extraction methods involving the whole plant. Also, known as full spectrum CBD or Broad Spectrum CBD (minus the THC).
Unfortunately, many Brands use CBD Isolate only. This means that they harvest just the one Cannabinoid of the 113 or so that are contained in the Hemp Plant. Known as Cannabidiol (CBD), while not incorporating any of the other valuable components of the Hemp plant. This still will have many benefits, but not as much as incorporating all of the other valuable cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids into the product.
For Example, you might get your car to run on regular gasoline from point A to point B, with no other liquids involved. However, adding the cleanest and highest quality gasoline and new transmission fluid and an oil change will help your car drive at its best quality and efficiency.
WHAT IS THE ENTOURAGE EFFECT?
The Entourage Effect is produced when all the Plant’s compounds work together to produce maximum benefits for the user. Rather than when just one compound is working alone i.e. just CBD or THC.
For example, taking one vitamin, as oppose to taking a multi-vitamin. Researchers have observed that these compounds all work together synergistically to produce more benefits to the user. In the past few decades there has been a great deal of research that has been corroborated on the Entourage Effect, and also clinical research trials.
According to Wikipedia, The Entourage Effect as it relates to THC, is defined as a proposed mechanism by which cannabis compounds other than tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) act synergistically with it to modulate the overall psychoactive effects of the plant. Cannabidiol (CBD) is under preliminary research for its potential to modify the effects of THC, possibly mitigating some of the negative, psychosis-like effects of THC.
WHAT ARE FLAVONOIDS?
There are 20 Flavonoids present in the Hemp Plant. Moreover, Flavonoids are one of the components of the hemp plant which are attributed to providing you with the benefits of the “Entourage Effect”. These consist of compounds that are found in plants that give them their pigment, filter out harmful UV rays, attract insect pollinators, and help in preventing plant diseases. Research has shown that Flavonoids have many beneficial effects for overall wellness. A few of the more important ones are:
• Apigenin- Also found in Chamomile Tea, Celery, Parsley
• Cannaflavin A- Only found in the Hemp Plant
• Quercetin- Also found in Berries, Green Tea, and Red Wine
WHAT ARE TERPENES?
Terpenes exist in most flowers, plants, and trees, and are the essential oils of each. There are approximately 120-200 individual terpenes found in the Hemp Plant. They are known for emitting strong scents. While they are known for aromas and flavors, they also protect the plant from sunlight, insects, bacteria, and fungi. They are secreted from the glands and is why you can smell flowers or trees in the forest.
Some of the more important ones are:
• Beta Caryophyllene
HOW EVERYTHING WORKS TOGETHER
Most Researchers agree that individual Terpenes and Flavonoids have little to no effect on their own, in relation to the body due to low concentrations. However, when they are all combined with CBD they generate a higher level of bioactivity, and thus more of a benefit to you or your pet. In Essence, using all the properties of the Hemp plant together harmoniously is how nature intended it to be.
Feeling Down? Isolated? Lonely?
Many of us have already had many of these struggles throughout our lives. Whether it is suffering from mood issues and/or now because of the Coronavirus. For many, things have gotten from bearable to an outright struggle to keep on keeping on. This is a must read for anyone coping with a mental health issue or crisis.
Remember, if you are coping with some sort of mental health issue, you are not alone. Today, the world is in a sad state of affairs. Turn on the news for a few minutes, look at how low the bar has been set, in the world today. The apathy runs rampant in every corner of the world. Selfishness, greed, narcissism is commonplace and we accept this as the norm.
So by all means you are not the only one if you are feeling depressed or fearful. So let’s get a game plan on how to deal with this world and be the best we can be! And maybe, adding a CBD regimen might help in all of this.
In this article, we will discuss what mental health is. Mental Health statistics. As well as warning signs, and steps you can take to improve your situation. Furthermore, we will discuss the “Bliss” Neurotransmitter molecule Anadamide and how it relates to one’s mood. Also, if CBD Oil can help with any of these issues we experience.
WHAT IS MENTAL HEALTH?
Mental health includes our psychological, emotional, and social well-being. It affects how we feel, think, and act. It also helps determine how we relate to others, cope with stress, and make life decisions.
Over the course of your life, if you experience mental health problems, your mood, thinking, and behavior could be affected. Many factors contribute to mental health problems, including:
- Life Experiences (i.e. abuse or trauma)
- Biological factors, such as brain chemistry or genetics
- Family history of mental health issues
What we hate to hear is the stereotypical term “mental disorders”. Just because you might not function like the masses of apathetic souls in the world, does not make you a lost cause or that there is something wrong with you. Never believe that lie!
For example, many people who suffer from anxiety are just people who are deep-thinkers, or think a lot; in-depth thoughts of society and the world they live in. Is that a disorder? Quite the contrary, many of these people don’t just take things for what their worth, but delve deep into the unknown of their thoughts. Many are highly-sensitive people or empaths. Many reports indicate Abraham Lincoln suffered from Anxiety, as well as many Hollywood actors and actresses.
Have we ever stopped and thought what is normal? Many people lead lives like sheep just following the herd to the boneyard. The walking dead we like to call them.
Work, Home, Sleep, Repeat!
- Having no energy
- Eating/Sleeping too much or too little
- Feeling numb
- Unexplained aches and pains
- Feeling helpless or hopeless
- Smoking, drinking, or using drugs more than usual
- Feeling unusually confused, forgetful, on edge, angry, upset, worried, or scared
- Yelling or fighting with family and friends
- Experiencing severe mood swings that cause problems in relationships
- Having persistent thoughts and memories you can’t get out of your head
- Hearing voices or believing things that are not true
- Thinking of harming yourself or others
- Inability to perform daily tasks like taking care of your kids or getting to work or school.
- Learn to Cope with the stresses of life and add CBD lol.
- Work productively
- Do more for others than for yourself
- Getting professional help if you need it
- Connecting with family, friends, animals, or nature
- Stay positive
- Get physically active, workout, go for a walk, etc.
- Help others with their problems and your issues will improve
- Develop coping skills, i.e. positive mantras/speaking out loud, meditation
- Eat a Plant-Based Diet
- Join a Support Group in person or online
- Ask the Almighty for help; Turn it over to God
WHAT IS NORMAL?
- Most humans eat dead animal carcasses that putrefy within four hours of ingesting these tortured souls. Is this normal?
- Most humans drink a liquid from cows, Fyi we are the only species to do this. Is this normal?
- Most humans turn a blind eye to the raped environment of Mother Earth. Is this normal?
So let’s get real here. These are but a few of the characteristics of present day humans. And because these are traditions and widely accepted, we deem them as normal behavior and any deviation means something is wrong about a particular person or group. This is laughable!
Remember, if you don’t stand for something you will fall for anything.
The environment and animals are just one aspect of a plethora of examples one could use to describe what is a “normal” functioning person. Let’s not even get into politics and Wall St. However, If you are suffering from one of these mental health aspects don’t give up hope. Keep fighting one day at a time and find the beauty in small things. You are unique and blessed, and do not let anyone or society tell you any different. You are one of a kind!
WHAT IS ANANDAMIDE?
The word “anandamide” originates from the sanskrit “ananda,” which translates to “joy” or “bliss”. This is one of the cannabinoid’s properties as a mood enhancer. Also called N-arachidonoylethanolamine (AEA), anandamide interacts/binds with the body’s CB1 and CB2 receptors within our (ECS) Endocannabinoid System. It’s a neurotransmitter and cannabinoid receptor binding agent that functions as a signal messenger for CB receptors located in the body.
Our bodies create anandamide when needed to be used to maintain normal functioning mechanisms, i.e. homeostasis. It does this by helping to regulate neuron signals and inflammation. Anandamide’s molecular fragility lends itself to be broken down quite easily. It helps with the stimulation of appetite, mood, pain, and even fertility.
Moreover, according to nature.com a 2015 study involving mice and humans found that high levels of this bliss molecule was responsible for fear reduction with a perceived threat and mood enhancement. Another study, found subjects with high levels of this molecule after intense exercising.
WILL CBD HELP?
There is not enough date and studies yet to conclude whether CBD will help with any kind of mental health issue. However, anecdotally there seems to be much to be encouraged about with regards to CBD. In common sense terms, if CBD helps activate our Endocannabinoid System and one’s homeostasis functions. Moreover, if it helps all these body/brain processes function at optimal levels than it could possibly have the same effects on one’s mental health.
THIS IS WHAT WE KNOW
- CBD targets a specific serotonin receptor, the serotonin 1A receptor. These affect a person’s mood, cognition, and appetite.
- CBD binds to TRPV1 (Vanilloid) receptors, this plays a role in temperature regulation, inflammation, and pain perception.
- According to a study, CBD in the brain inhibits anandamide breakdown and reuptake, which increases endocannabinoid levels in the brain’s synapses.
Remember, never give up! Life is about the journey not the destination. Reset your mind to focus on positive thinking and try to always do more for others than for yourself. When you can accomplish this, you will see that your issues will lessen and the focus will be off of you, which in turn will dramatically improve your situation. We are all weird in some aspect or another, some just hide it better than others. Embrace your weirdness, embrace the unique individual that is you, and embrace a lifelong learning mentality. We promise there will be a light at the end of the tunnel, but you must see it through, and you will thank yourself that you stuck it out!
How Many CBD Softgels
to Take per Day – a Helpful Guide
According to the New York Times, The CBD industry is looking to hit a staggering $16 billion in the United States by 2025. So you may be one of the huge numbers of CBD fans who are taking advantage of its wellness properties.
Initially, it was only available for those who’ve been prescribed it by a doctor and usually only for more serious complaints, however, it is now widely available in high-street health stores and is starting to gain traction amongst many wellness advocates.
In this article, we are going to look at some of the common questions you may have relating to the dosage of this wonder oil.
So let’s take a look below at the brief answer as to how many softgel capsules you need to take per day in order to maximize the huge benefits of CBD. Then we’ll dive into more details…
How many CBD softgels do I take per day? Enjoying the benefits of CBD softgels depends on many different factors in terms of dosage. Your own particular size and shape, your CBD tolerance along with other factors will determine the dosage. It is important to understand there is no one specific dosage that will suit everyone.
So, you are discovering the fantastic benefits of using CBD and we’ve seen the short answer as to the correct dosage of softgels, in order to help us understand a little more clearly, let’s start by looking at exactly what CBD is.
What is CBD oil?
Cannabidiol or CBD oil is a product that’s originally derived from cannabis. It’s a type of cannabinoid, which are the chemicals naturally found in hemp plants.
However, there’s still controversy around cannabis products such as CBD oil which is of course linked to the general recreational use of marijuana. Regardless of this controversy, there is still a growing awareness about the possible health benefits of CBD oil.
Although it has its roots in hemp and marijuana plants, CBD strained from the Hemp Plant doesn’t provide a high effect which is synonymous with usual products created by marijuana. The intoxicating feeling commonly attributed to marijuana is caused by another cannabinoid, known as THC.
“Although it has its roots in marijuana plants, CBD doesn’t provide a high
effect which is synonymous with usual products created by marijuana.”
Now we’ve looked at what exactly CBD is, let’s look a little more in-depth into capsules and their properties
What is a Capsule?
Capsules are often used when it’s difficult for a drug to be compressed into solid form, which we usually refer to as a pill.
According to the pharmaceutical definition of a capsule, it “is a solid and accurate way to consume any prescribed dosage. This container is usually made of gelatin“.
So now we’ve seen what a capsule is, let’s delve a little deeper into what exactly a softgel capsule is.
CBD Softgel Capsule
A soft gel capsule is more commonly known as a gelcap. CBD Softgel capsules are very similar to general capsules as they are both surrounded by a gelatin outer shell, usually made of gelatin. The gelatin makes the capsule very soft and easy to swallow.
A standard CBD capsule is usually a dark golden shade and is how we usually see CBD capsules. The capsules are often filled with either hemp oil or olive oil as an extra filler.
Ok, so now we’ve discovered how capsules work with CBD, you might be wondering if there is any other way of taking CBD, read on.
- CBD Pills A CBD pill has been compressed into a round solid shape to ensure it is as small as possible to make it easy to swallow. Pills usually contain a concentrated extract of cannabinoids in crystal form.
- CBD tincture A tincture is easy to take by applying drops under your tongue. It works by holding the tincture in your mouth for a few moments to be absorbed, before swallowing. This is one of the quickest transport methods.
- Taken in drinks It can be added to smoothies or water.
- A spray form is available to spritz under your tongue.
- Creams that are applied topically/locally.
- E-Liquid for vape pens.
“CBD Softgel capsules are very similar to general capsules as they are
both surrounded by a gelatin outer shell, usually made of gelatin.”
CBD dosage guidelines
It is worth understanding that there is no correct CBD dosage. The ultimate dose of softgel capsules for each person will depend on several factors, such as CBD tolerance and your body type.
When it comes to dosage, as the effect of CBD softgel capsules is immediate, it is recommended that you should start with the smallest possible dose.
This guide will look at all of the key considerations to make when determining the proper dosage. We’ll also demonstrate how to measure dosage for different CBD products and discuss some potential health concerns for people who consume large amounts of CBD.
It is important to know that if you are considering taking CBD softgels, you should always check first with your physician before using any products containing CBD.
“The ultimate dose of softgel capsules for each person will depend on several factors, such as
CBD tolerance, body type, and your own individual pain threshold.”
Important Dosage Considerations
Determining the best CBD softgel dosage will generally depend on the following:
- Concentration The strength or concentration relates to the total amount of CBD in any product. Generally, concentration is measured in milligrams or mg. the concentration differs from the actual dosage, as this more commonly refers to the amount of CBD per serving. Unlike an aspirin bottle the mg on the front of the label is the total amount of cbd in the bottle, if is a 30 count bottle of softgels the total amount, say 300mg would be divide by 30, equally 10mg per softgel.
- Level of CBD required If you want to achieve a higher level of benefit, you may need to take more softgel capsules in order to achieve the maximum gain. It goes without saying, if you are experiencing milder conditions, you may require a lower amount of softgel capsules. For many, the optimal dose of capsules depends directly on your own personal circumstances.
- Tolerance after taking CBD softgels over time it is possible to develop a tolerance. When this happens, it can result in the effects being reduced from the same dosage. It could be that if this happens, you may need a greater dose to achieve your desired results.
- Bodyweight Your weight is very important In how much, or how little CBD will affect your body. In general, heavier people will require higher doses to experience the full effect of CBD. If you are lighter, you may feel the same effects with a lower dose.
Calculating the Best Dosage
Softgels are usually offered in 10 mg or 25 mg capsules. Taking one softgel per day is a relatively low dosage and is perfect for lighter weight individuals or anyone who is trying the benefit of CBD softgels for the first time.
If you need a higher dosage, just take two or three capsules instead of one. And/or you can take a few in the morning and a few at night. We typically suggest about 4-6 hours between doses when you are starting.
If you find you are having no relief from using softgels, we recommend that you wait a few days and if you are still not receiving any relief, then increase the dosage by adding another one or two pills. Continue to do this until the desired results are received. We also recommend that you keep a record of your dosage, to help you arrive at a softgel capsule dosage that works best for you.
MD Organics NanoEmulsion Technology
Our CBD Oil Softgels were created with our state of the art nanoemulsion technology delivery system. This Revolutionary and Industry Leading technology allows us to create nanoparticles so small the human eye cannot detect! More Importantly, our Microemulsion form is how our water soluble Hemp CBD Oil is delivered. Specifically, the average size of our competitors oil particles are up to 5,000 nanometers. Our oil particles are just 25 Nanometers! This means our oil particles are 200x smaller than the industry average.
SMALLER PARTICLES= FASTER/BETTER ABSORPTION RATES!
Our Softgels are also jammed packed with all the valuable and nutrient-rich healthy cannabinoids of all our other products, all working together to deliver the coveted “Entourage Effect” to the user. And of course THC FREE!
We hope this has given you some helpful advice as to how many softgel capsules to take, to enjoy the benefits of CBD oil. Don’t forget that if you are taking any new medication or embarking on a trial of CBD soft capsules, do make sure you check with a physician first. Shop Now!
Read about How to Buy CBD Online!