Feeling Down? Isolated? Lonely?
Many of us have already had many of these struggles throughout our lives. Whether it is suffering from mood issues and/or now because of the Coronavirus. For many, things have gotten from bearable to an outright struggle to keep on keeping on. This is a must read for anyone coping with a mental health issue or crisis.
Remember, if you are coping with some sort of mental health issue, you are not alone. Today, the world is in a sad state of affairs. Turn on the news for a few minutes, look at how low the bar has been set, in the world today. The apathy runs rampant in every corner of the world. Selfishness, greed, narcissism is commonplace and we accept this as the norm.
So by all means you are not the only one if you are feeling depressed or fearful. So let’s get a game plan on how to deal with this world and be the best we can be! And maybe, adding a CBD regimen might help in all of this.
In this article, we will discuss what mental health is. Mental Health statistics. As well as warning signs, and steps you can take to improve your situation. Furthermore, we will discuss the “Bliss” Neurotransmitter molecule Anadamide and how it relates to one’s mood. Also, if CBD Oil can help with any of these issues we experience.
WHAT IS MENTAL HEALTH?
Mental health includes our psychological, emotional, and social well-being. It affects how we feel, think, and act. It also helps determine how we relate to others, cope with stress, and make life decisions.
Over the course of your life, if you experience mental health problems, your mood, thinking, and behavior could be affected. Many factors contribute to mental health problems, including:
- Life Experiences (i.e. abuse or trauma)
- Biological factors, such as brain chemistry or genetics
- Family history of mental health issues
What we hate to hear is the stereotypical term “mental disorders”. Just because you might not function like the masses of apathetic souls in the world, does not make you a lost cause or that there is something wrong with you. Never believe that lie!
For example, many people who suffer from anxiety are just people who are deep-thinkers, or think a lot; in-depth thoughts of society and the world they live in. Is that a disorder? Quite the contrary, many of these people don’t just take things for what their worth, but delve deep into the unknown of their thoughts. Many are highly-sensitive people or empaths. Many reports indicate Abraham Lincoln suffered from Anxiety, as well as many Hollywood actors and actresses.
Have we ever stopped and thought what is normal? Many people lead lives like sheep just following the herd to the boneyard. The walking dead we like to call them.
Work, Home, Sleep, Repeat!
- Having no energy
- Eating/Sleeping too much or too little
- Feeling numb
- Unexplained aches and pains
- Feeling helpless or hopeless
- Smoking, drinking, or using drugs more than usual
- Feeling unusually confused, forgetful, on edge, angry, upset, worried, or scared
- Yelling or fighting with family and friends
- Experiencing severe mood swings that cause problems in relationships
- Having persistent thoughts and memories you can’t get out of your head
- Hearing voices or believing things that are not true
- Thinking of harming yourself or others
- Inability to perform daily tasks like taking care of your kids or getting to work or school.
- Learn to Cope with the stresses of life and add CBD lol.
- Work productively
- Do more for others than for yourself
- Getting professional help if you need it
- Connecting with family, friends, animals, or nature
- Stay positive
- Get physically active, workout, go for a walk, etc.
- Help others with their problems and your issues will improve
- Develop coping skills, i.e. positive mantras/speaking out loud, meditation
- Eat a Plant-Based Diet
- Join a Support Group in person or online
- Ask the Almighty for help; Turn it over to God
WHAT IS NORMAL?
- Most humans eat dead animal carcasses that putrefy within four hours of ingesting these tortured souls. Is this normal?
- Most humans drink a liquid from cows, Fyi we are the only species to do this. Is this normal?
- Most humans turn a blind eye to the raped environment of Mother Earth. Is this normal?
So let’s get real here. These are but a few of the characteristics of present day humans. And because these are traditions and widely accepted, we deem them as normal behavior and any deviation means something is wrong about a particular person or group. This is laughable!
Remember, if you don’t stand for something you will fall for anything.
The environment and animals are just one aspect of a plethora of examples one could use to describe what is a “normal” functioning person. Let’s not even get into politics and Wall St. However, If you are suffering from one of these mental health aspects don’t give up hope. Keep fighting one day at a time and find the beauty in small things. You are unique and blessed, and do not let anyone or society tell you any different. You are one of a kind!
WHAT IS ANANDAMIDE?
The word “anandamide” originates from the sanskrit “ananda,” which translates to “joy” or “bliss”. This is one of the cannabinoid’s properties as a mood enhancer. Also called N-arachidonoylethanolamine (AEA), anandamide interacts/binds with the body’s CB1 and CB2 receptors within our (ECS) Endocannabinoid System. It’s a neurotransmitter and cannabinoid receptor binding agent that functions as a signal messenger for CB receptors located in the body.
Our bodies create anandamide when needed to be used to maintain normal functioning mechanisms, i.e. homeostasis. It does this by helping to regulate neuron signals and inflammation. Anandamide’s molecular fragility lends itself to be broken down quite easily. It helps with the stimulation of appetite, mood, pain, and even fertility.
Moreover, according to nature.com a 2015 study involving mice and humans found that high levels of this bliss molecule was responsible for fear reduction with a perceived threat and mood enhancement. Another study, found subjects with high levels of this molecule after intense exercising.
WILL CBD HELP?
There is not enough date and studies yet to conclude whether CBD will help with any kind of mental health issue. However, anecdotally there seems to be much to be encouraged about with regards to CBD. In common sense terms, if CBD helps activate our Endocannabinoid System and one’s homeostasis functions. Moreover, if it helps all these body/brain processes function at optimal levels than it could possibly have the same effects on one’s mental health.
THIS IS WHAT WE KNOW
- CBD targets a specific serotonin receptor, the serotonin 1A receptor. These affect a person’s mood, cognition, and appetite.
- CBD binds to TRPV1 (Vanilloid) receptors, this plays a role in temperature regulation, inflammation, and pain perception.
- According to a study, CBD in the brain inhibits anandamide breakdown and reuptake, which increases endocannabinoid levels in the brain’s synapses.
Remember, never give up! Life is about the journey not the destination. Reset your mind to focus on positive thinking and try to always do more for others than for yourself. When you can accomplish this, you will see that your issues will lessen and the focus will be off of you, which in turn will dramatically improve your situation. We are all weird in some aspect or another, some just hide it better than others. Embrace your weirdness, embrace the unique individual that is you, and embrace a lifelong learning mentality. We promise there will be a light at the end of the tunnel, but you must see it through, and you will thank yourself that you stuck it out!