“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.” – Gandhi
- Whether you’ve had some health issues and your Doctor has ordered you to go Vegan
- Or you watched a documentary on what actually goes on in a slaughterhouse
- Or it could be you are a true animal lover and you want your words and actions to align
- Or moral reasons you want to stop supplying the demand for having a guy you don’t know murder an animal you don’t know.
Whatever the reason is, you are now moving towards eating a Plant-Based Diet. Whether it is going Vegan or Vegetarian, let us be the first to say Congratulations!
The Evolution you are about to embark on will test, and ultimately fulfill your mind, body, and soul. You will grow mentally and spiritually as a result.
“My Body will not be a Tomb for other Creatures.” -Leonardo da Vinci
Today, Much of the world, about 75%, live off of a mainly Vegetarian diet, irregardless of want or necessity.
Conversely, North and South Americans love affair with meat is less than a hundred years old and it started with the refrigerator car and our Consumer Society.
The prominent Swedish Scientist Karl von Linne states, “Man’s structure, external and internal, compared with that of the other animals, shows that fruit and succulent vegetables constitute his natural food.”
First, let us show you the Facts about why our Human Bodies were never intended to eat Meat.
We will divide this Comparison into Three Categories:
Carnivores, Herbivores, and Humans.
Carnivores: Have no skin pores and sweat through the tongue
Herbivores: Sweat through Skin Pores
Humans: Sweat through Skin Pores
Carnivores: Have Claws for Tearing and Shredding Prey
Herbivores: No Claws
Humans: No Claws
Carnivores: Intestinal Tract is only 3x their body length so decaying meat can quickly pass through
Herbivores: Intestinal Tract is 10-12x their body Length for slow digestion
Humans: Intestinal Tract is 10-12x their body Length for slow digestion
Carnivores: Sharp Front Teeth for tearing, no flat molars for grinding
Herbivores: No Sharp front teeth, have molars for grinding
Humans: No Sharp front teeth, have molars for grinding
Carnivores: Salivary Glands in mouth not needed to pre-digest fruits/grains
Herbivores: Well Developed salivary glands which are necessary for pre-digesting fruits and grains
Humans: Well Developed salivary glands which are necessary for pre-digesting fruits and grains
Carnivores: Have Strong Hydrochloric Acid in stomach to digest meat
Herbivores: Have stomach acid 20x weaker than that of a carnivore
Humans: Have stomach acid 20x weaker than that of a carnivore
Carnivores: Have Acid Saliva with no enzyme Ptyalin to pre-digest grains
Herbivores: Have Alkaline Saliva with Ptyalin to pre-digest grains
Humans: Have Alkaline Saliva with Ptyalin to pre-digest grains
Based on a chart by A.D. Andrews, Fit Food for Men, (Chicago: American Hygiene Society, 1970)
These are all facts one cannot dispute. Furthermore, if we were meant to eat meat we wouldn’t have so many crucial similarities with Herbivores. Simply put, our bodies would be designed to be more like Lions or Tigers.
REASONS WHY WE EAT MEAT TODAY
First, because we were conditioned to eat it. Mommy or Daddy shoved a piece of bacon or slice of turkey in your mouth when you were a baby and the rest is history.
Second, we eat meat because of peer influencing. Ever go to a bbq and your vegan lol. People get downright upset at you. Why? Because you are evolving and they are not.
Sociology teaches us that people seek out others who legitimize their own behavior. Does a Crack addict typically hang out with a volunteer or Churchgoer? Usually not. They hang out with other drug addicts because it legitimizes their destructive behavior.
Honey I’m going to Church, okay Sweetie I’m going to smoke some Crack! -Chris Rock
Third, Humans are creatures of habit. When confronted with their own apathy or reality it can cause panic and fear. Change is scary to most people and stressful.
Fourth, is Taste. Hark back to the first point. If you season and marinade anything for long enough its bound to taste good and that is what Humans do.
- A True Carnivore eats his/her prey including the fur, nails, end trails and the rest, RAW!
- Meat Decays and Putrefies within four hours after consumption. It can cling to your intestinal walls for weeks. Unless you have a bowel movement within this four hours, you have a rotting animal carcass in your body, Ugh!
- 70-80% of your Total Immune System is in your Intestines. Is it no wonder why we lead the world in disease. That is weeks of pesticides, herbicides, harsh metals, antibiotics and other toxins that the chicken or cow ate, mainlining into your gut 24/7!
- Your Body is slightly Alkaline. All dairy is acidic, Cancer thrives in Acidic environments. What your body does is go into repair mode anytime you eat cheese or drink milk. It actually seeps Calcium and Magnesium from your bones to correct this Acidic/Alkaline imbalance. We were just deceived by mass marketing campaigns that Milk does a body good, which is laughable!
- The Government allows of dropper full of puss per cup of milk, and that we are the only species to drink another species milk. Would you drink Cat or Dog Milk? So why are you drinking cow’s milk?
- The Average person will eat 100 animals a year. That is 1,000 animals a decade, and if you live to 80, that is over 8,000 Dead animals that have passed through your body.
- Why we wonder how numerous diseases come about in our bodies is truly fascinating; And let’s be honest in America with the terrible obesity rates, you could easily add a few more thousand dead animals to many people’s scorecard.
MEAT AND DAIRY REPLACEMENT OPTIONS
Today, the technology regarding Vegan Meats is amazing. These replacements satisfy all the five senses and are delicious. Have you tried Beyond Meat? Who would every say that doesn’t taste like a burger, and its made from plants!
Similarly, the options of nut milks and vegan cheeses are flourishing. The advancement in this area of food production is awesome, but it starts with you. By sponsoring these companies and buying their products you are supporting future creations.
When you lessen the demand of murdering an animal, you are at the same time reducing air and soil pollution, saving water and other vital resources, and last but not least you are sparing an innocent creature’s life.
- Going to a Plant-Based Diet isn’t as tough as you might think. Celebrities like Jay-Z and Beyonce started by only incorporating Vegan breakfasts at first. Then added one lunch to it, then another, then a dinner, and so on. Until a month or so later that were completely Vegan.
- Don’t beat yourself up if you cheat. It takes time, but the longer you do it the more your behavior changes to one of guilt when you do cheat.
- Example: If you go to the gym for awhile then miss a day, you feel guilty because your brain has been retrained. This change typically takes about Three weeks to Two Months to form a new habit.
- Always carry a vegan protein bar, nuts, or dried fruit in your purse or backpack. When you are hungry or a craving hits, throw something in your mouth. You will find it is much easier to fight the urge when you having something in your belly.
- Retrain your Brain. Sort of Shock Therapy. Watch the videos below and watch the new documentaries release over the past five years. I.E. Forks over Knives, Earthlings, Dairy is Scary.
- Check out Stuff Online. Besides gambling, gaming, and porn, the Internet is actually useful to educate yourself, believe it or not. Sites like Vegan.com, Veganoutreach.org and Peta.org have a myriad of resources available.
- Thou Shalt not Kill. Where in the bible did this only refer to humans?
- Gen 1.29- God said, “I am giving you all the grain bearing plants and all the fruit trees. These trees make fruit with seeds in it. This grain and fruit will be your food.
- Many Scholars believe Jesus was a Vegetarian or Vegan (didn’t have that word back then), as he grow up in the Essene Tribe, which were well known for being Vegetarians. You typically model your eating habits after your family or community.
- If you believe in a God, and you further believe he created the animals. How in the world can you ask Him for compassion and help in your time of need, when you offer none to his own creations. Hypocritical maybe?
ITS NOT ABOUT YOU! This comes to a shock to many people in this modern day narcissism and immediacy, but life isn’t all about you and your feelings. The mark of spiritual growth is how one treats a weaker creature, be it a child or an animal. Just because you don’t know these animals you still are supplying the demand for their murder.
As we evolve as a species the mass genocide of innocent creatures will come to a end, and only to this end will we advance as a people and a society.
The numbers of people choosing compassion over their “pie hole” are continuing to grow at an Amazing rate and that is something to be hopeful about.
In addition, there is a connection between people who eat meat and violence, and it is not shocking. When you allow apathy as a society and as a person to one creature, why would it not translate to your fellow human.
So let’s raise the bar back up to a Society and Species that cares about other vulnerable creatures. Live a life with empathy over apathy. Selflessness over Selfishness. What Can I do for someone or something else, over what can they do for me.
Who knows on the other side you might be in their shoes!
“You have just dined, and however scrupulously the slaughterhouse is concealed in the graceful distance of miles, there is complicity.”